05 October 2009

Treasure Hunting

My husband, the treasure hunter, talked us into an afternoon at the lake metal detecting. We did find some amazing treasure and we even gained some audience as you can see by the little "unnamed" girl in the picture below. The unfortunate thing was that we only had one metal detector for the entire beach front.



Finding our amazing treasure.....bottle caps, weird broken things and about $0.48!!!


Whew! Worked up a thirst and an appetite! Snack time!

Now, onto our chores.
Isaiah is throwing some limbs in the water to create a better habitat
for the fish they hope to catch this fall or next Spring.


Alyssa goes wading to get a better view of the the chores being done.


Alyssa finds a pet caterpillar while on our nature hike.


Even Uncle Josh enjoys playing with her new pet!


We had to have a rock skipping contest and I'm pretty sure that Uncle Josh beat us all!

Turned out to be a fun adventure on a day when a few of us just wanted to be lazy at home.
Thanks Husband! : )

2 comments:

  1. I love the "snack" picture!!! That is funny!! This looks like a fun day and you also made money! I like that Alyssa isn't ever scared of creepy crawly things! I think that is funny because you would think she wouldn't like them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny but your "guest" in your picture has the same swim suit as kacey - at first I thought it was a post of something you did when Kacey was younger and tagged along until I noticed alyssa in the picture! FUN Day, Must have been on one of our warmer days!

    ReplyDelete