Alyssa and I went shopping for school clothes that "met the dress code" yesterday and this was her favorite because of the beads on the shirt and the cute stuff for her hair! She was eager to get dressed and have her hair done this morning! A first!
Alyssa's teacher is Mrs Updike. Mrs Updike is teaching her first year but has been a mommy for a long time. She has two sons, 10 and 5 yrs. They both attend this private school. Alyssa hung her backpack and lunch box on her hook and put her school supplies away in her basket just like she was told. Then she promptly found a seat between two little boys and began doing a puzzle. Billy & I spoke to the teacher for a few minutes and signed her in, then I said, "Good-bye Alyssa", expecting she'd get up and give us a big hug. But no, she never even looked our way, but did say..."Bye Mama."
We picked her up at 2:45 and she ran to me with a hug....finally! Then said, mom I LOVE THIS SCHOOL! I want to come every day! The little social butterfly found her wings!
We took Alyssa for ice cream next door at McDonalds to celebrate her first day of school and her color card showing her best behavior ALL day! She told us she thought chapel was awesome because she got to be an actress and act our the songs they sang. She loved choosing a book during library class and was mad she didn't bring it home for us to read tonight. She then told us she has a new friend named Faith. Her and Faith are best friends forever and ever now and she can't wait to see her again. They ate next to each other, stood in line next to each other and napped next to each other. Faith even made nap time a fun time and there were no more complaints. She said her and Faith's beds were both very cozy and soft. Hmmmm. Not sure the daycare style nap mats should ever be considered soft and cozy!
Her loving preschool made this day so much fun for mom!
No tears as I had expected!
I love you little girl!
This makes me feel happy and sad. I think she is just adorable but at the same time I don't want Jackson to go to preschool! Is it wrong that I NEVER want him to leave me!!!?? :) What a sweetie pie she is!!! I loved sharing this day with you! Thank you blogspot!!!
ReplyDeleteway to go Alyssa! Aunt Amy is so proud of you. I knew you'd love school, and your friends and even nap time :) I really liked your outfit you wore to school - you looked very pretty in it. I wanted to call you today to hear all about it but by the time you got out of school my day got busy so we will chat another day and you can tell me all your favorites of school. Your the best! Aunt Amy Loves you to pieces and is so proud of you! xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteso cute! I'm glad she likes it!
ReplyDelete