06 November 2010

Isaiah Begins 3rd Grade

My little boy is in 3rd Grade already!
This was a new frontier for me.  I was so happy to take him to school and be part of the "new year" excitement, but he said I didn't need to do anything special.  He didn't need me to walk him to class or take a picture of him in his seat.  There was no good-bye hug or even much of a glance.  He wasn't nervous or anxious or full of wonder.  It was just another year in a school he's already been going to for three years. 
Well...I did walk him to class, but I didn't embarrass him with hugs or pictures and I still walked out smiling knowing he was happy and content where he was.
He loves his hair long and shaggy like this, although his dad
and Uncle Josh give him fits about it and threaten to cut it off always!
I like it longer too, but don't tell Billy! 



 Alyssa wanted her picture taken too, even though this was her 3rd day of school.  Isn't she cute in her pink belt. This is the first belt we've ever bought her and she wants to wear it every day!

I love you buddy!  You're looking pretty handsome!
I'm sure proud to call you mine!

2 comments:

  1. Your children are GORGEOUS! And so big! How did they get so big? I miss you all so much.

    p.s. Tell Isaiah that Jake loves his hair long and shaggy, and his mommy loves it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a handsome little fellow. Today we are loving that we get to share our day with him. The three of them are just so comfortable together. I love to watch them at play.

    ReplyDelete