Here's my sweet boy all grown up and looking cool on his first day of 1st grade. Uncle Josh & Aunt Katy helped him pick out his new shoes and shirt and backpack. I realized my boy was truly growing up when he passed on the Batman backpack and chose a Swiss Army backpack instead! Below he is sitting at his own 1st grade desk for the first time! A little bit of a forced smile I think.
Isaiah was a little timid as his daddy and I walked him to his class. He wouldn't hold my hand and there was no real hug good-bye this time. He sat quietly looking around at all the new faces he didn't know. I was very glad he had one girl from last year in his class and another boy that he knew from the next door class last year. He didn't seem to mind, just had big eyes taking it all in. I think I minded this transition more than he did.
Isaiah was a little timid as his daddy and I walked him to his class. He wouldn't hold my hand and there was no real hug good-bye this time. He sat quietly looking around at all the new faces he didn't know. I was very glad he had one girl from last year in his class and another boy that he knew from the next door class last year. He didn't seem to mind, just had big eyes taking it all in. I think I minded this transition more than he did.
Here's my big boy walking to our car in the pick-up line after school. The teachers all wore matching blue shirts and khaki pants for the first day.

If there was any reservation before school it was all gone! His face was all smiles when I picked him up! It took 45 minutes in the pick-up line and I got there 25 minutes before school got out. What a mess!
I'm so very proud of Isaiah and I love how much fun we have with him now that he is a bigger kid. However, it is sad to know how much they change each school year. I can't imagine that I'll have a second grader next year. I thought people with second graders were so far past where I was when Isaiah was born. Now it will be here before we know it. I'm going to enjoy this year and soak it up as much as I can.
On day 1 we got a packet sent home where Isaiah had drawn a picture of himself, of his teacher, written his full name and done some counting. With this packet there was this poem.
I think first grade is fun.
My teacher thinks I'm number one.
She says she loves us all--
Whether we're short or tall.
Here's how I looked today.
And how I wrote my name.
Please tuck this away for me
For I'll never look the same.
Yesterday is gone, tomorrow isn't here,
Today is so important --
Its the first day of my first grade year!
i am almost in tears...i am dreading pre-school next week! I tend to be crying more these days, I think it's the pregnancy horomones! :) congrats to Isaiah...he is such a handsome first grader! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a handsome fellow and a perfect poem which launched me in to tears AGAIN! You'd think I'd be all cried out by now. Give your boy a hug from us - and here is a HUG to you! Love you sister of mine
ReplyDeleteWe are all going to have to begin posting very happy blogs because everyone is in tears this week!:( Oh, and Allison - Those hormones get the best of us. Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteyou and Amy and your poems! This is a precious poem though and very true! Being a person that loves to capture memories I just love that his teacher had him do this and bring it all home. It makes me sad too though. I don't want the kids to all grow up. When you said that Taylor will be 21 and Alyssa will be 9 I just can't believe that!!!! Taylor needs to stop growing up! I looked at this when you posted and actually already thought I posted a comment! Weird!
ReplyDelete