Well, I cannot post any pictures this week because I do not have a camera. I'm not sure how I feel about not having a camera, but it is with my dear husband while he is traveling. The issue is not really the camera, but where Billy is traveling.
For those of you that don't know, Billy was one of the 100+ employees that had to be let go at Dayspring. Since this occurred in April he has been on a journey of deciding what he really wants to do. Go back to school to teach and coach, be a policeman, go back into the packaging or printing industry or ....... go to culinary school. The latter is where he's landed I think. I truly believe that this is his opportunity to chase his dreams and pursue whatever career he wants and I want to support him wholeheartedly. However, there are some sacrifices that come with him pursuing a new career path.
Right now, Billy has gone to visit a culinary school in San Fransisco. He is meeting with the admissions team tomorrow and then taking a "mini class" on meats and sauces to get a taste of how the Chefs teach and what type of food styles they focus on, etc. If he is still interested once this trip is over he will come home to find a job in a nice restaurant. This will help him gain experience, but it will also give him a taste of what cooking feels like in the real world so he knows that it is really what he wants. If this goes well he apply to attend the "Chef Track" program in San Fransisco starting next April and will be gone from us for no less than six months if he is accepted.
Of course he is nervous about going and being away from us that long and we are nervous about being left behind that long, but I believe that he is doing his homework before he goes and that he will be pursuing something he will love and be good at if he decides to attend.
All that to say, this little getaway represents a decision for our family.....a decision that could leave Billy and I and the kids apart for half of a year. Please pray that we will make the right decision together for our family and our future.
....OH, and if the decision is for him to go we'll host one big fantastic dinner party when he returns! : )
I better be invited to that big dinner party! I am so excited that Billy is pursuing culinary school. It's a brave thing to do to actually follow through on your dreams. I know you guys will make the best decision for your family, and God will bless whatever direction you decide to go. I'm praying for you and your family, and I miss you!
ReplyDeletewow that is really exciting! I pray that God will give both of you a perfect peace about what he is to do. if it's cooking, Billy can come practice over here :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like an exciting adventure for your family! We will pray for Billy as he is gone and as you all are making big decisions....if it's culinary school....watch out Food Network...here comes Billy! Seriously, that sounds like great fun! Who doesn't love food?
ReplyDeleteOh how proud of him I am that he is following his dreams and his heart!! I believe God will give him the desires of his heart PLUS some. I know from experience that following your dreams is not always easy and there are sacrifices to be made. But I do feel that God gives us our gifts/talents to be used. GO BILLY! ;)
ReplyDeleteI can't wait for an early dinner party to see what he learned with the meat and sauces training.. but I do want my meat done all the way through! We are proud of Billy and continue praying for wisdom as his dreams continue to unfold and you all walk by faith as you move forward. HUGS
ReplyDelete