23 December 2008

Its Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas!!!

We got our tree up the week-end before Thanksgiving! I was so impressed with us and excited that we would actually have some time to enjoy it before taking it back down again. I'm usually one of those that is adamant that we should honor Thanksgiving before we skip to Christmas, but I knew with our schedule this year we might not get it up at all if we didn't seize the opportunity.

Here are my kids in front of the tree. I actually wanted a sweet picture, but this is as good as it got as they were being extra silly for me this day!

Here is our living room with the tree and the mantle with stockings. I like it with the holiday decor....too bad it has to come down soon!
Look what I did to my gourds?


My sister, Danina, brought all these pumpkins and gourds to me to decorate for Fall and while she was here she mentioned that she heard people painted them for Christmas so they could use them longer. So....I tried it. Looks pretty good and I felt very "martha stewart-like" too!

I love the space above my cabinets so I can have more space to decorate for the season! Like my speakers up there too? I got them for my birthday and now I have some great tunes in my kitchen. I think Billy gets just as much use out of them as I do though! : )
I hope you are feeling very Christmas-like as well!
We head to Colorado tomorrow to be with my family!
Merry Christmas!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Your house looks lovely, Miss Martha! I love the gourds, that's brilliant.

    You could do what my mom does and leave the Christmas decorations up until Valentine's Day. Nothing wrong with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house does look veryt nice decorated, but I'm glad your here and not their at the moment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your decor is beautiful.. I'm grieving that I only saw it on the blog and not in person... life was too busy prior to the holidays. All mine came down today.. such a long and tedious job. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know Amy....I think this is the first year that I didn't get to see your Christmas decor too. Seemed like Christmas snuck up on us fast! Mine hasn't come down yet though. That is on the list for this week-ends projects! : )

    ReplyDelete