I got home Friday about 4:15 from California, walked in the house feeling exhaustion in every inch of my body, but knowing that my sweet little boy was full of excitement for our evening festivities I put on my smiley face, fluffed my hair and ran back out the door with my family to Isaiah's Schools 1st Annual Winter Party. We ate chili, took pictures with Santa and made Christmas crafts for a couple hours. It was a lot of fun for the kids and the best news is, we've had our pictures with Santa now so there is no need to stand in any long lines at the mall! : )
Saturday morning Billy left to go watch the Big 12 championship Game in Kansas City. We've gone to this together the last two years, but I couldn't stand the thought of being so cold and traveling again. The kids and I went to our town's Christmas parade and then played at the park for an hour or so. It was good to be home and just enjoy the sweet moments with both of them.
That afternoon we hung some Christmas lights and put a new lighted deer out front. We have a little more to do, but it is looking a lot like Christmas here!
Yesterday the house was a wreck as we gave it little to no attention Saturday. We did a few chores, watched some movies, took naps, and went to Walmart (of course!). There were several sweet moments of the day that I'll share a couple with you.
*We read the story of Jesus' birth and Isaiah said he couldn't remember the poem he prayed when he got saved at age 4. So, we prayed the "poem" or salvation prayer again. He says he won't forget now, but is thinking about the right time to be baptized. He was very convinced that Alyssa needed to pray, but I told him she is too little to understand so he let it go reluctantly..
*Alyssa told me she loved me the best and wanted to stay with me forever. Then she lifted my shirt, gave me a big sloppy zerbert and asked sweetly, "Do I get a marble for that?!?" Is she nuts or what! She gets marbles when she makes right choices and then when her jar is full we will go have or do a special treat of her choice. She's motivated as she picked up all the toys in the shower without being asked and put her clothes in the hamper without being asked all day yesterday! She's only two! : )
Hope you have a great day and are thankful for the "little moments" you've gotten.
Hi sister dear... feels like a long time since I've seen you! I'm glad you got some precious moments with your family this weekend. We must stop and enjoy the moments or they fly right by us! HUGS!
ReplyDeleteOh! these are such CUTE stories! I love it!! I can't wait to have stories like this some day! I like that she thought she would get marbles for blowing on your tummy! That is so funny! I can't wait to see Isaiah and Alyssa at Christmas! I am sure they are just cute and silly! Please take a pic of your house all decorated. I want to see!
ReplyDelete