09 March 2009

So much to say, so little time....

Hello friends and family. If you haven't given up on me due to my lack of posting this year thank you. I hope I still have a few people checking in here and there. I'm going to try to get you caught up on our 2009 in the next week so that we can jump into present day and keep with it going forward. This has started out to be quite a busy year, but it appears things are settling down some and I hope it can stay this way for a few weeks at least. : )

So we've really had quite the year so far. My last post was to update everyone on my husband's change in plans. Now he is over half way through the semester studying criminal justice and he is doing very well. He has met a lot of people in the industry and has been able to ask a lot of questions and dig deeper into the field of law enforcement. There is a short list of pros to this profession and a long list of cons so you must really want to help people in this way to be an officer. Today he learned that over 90% of those that go into law enforcement quit after two years. It is just a difficult career because you are exposed to things that are hard to put from your mind and it puts a lot of stress on the person and on their family. The professors (who are detectives and other law enforcement personnel) have said that divorce, alcholism and suicide are extremely high with those that do stay in the career past the first two years and the upside of the career is very minimal as people don't respect those of authority (uniform) anymore and the pressure and stress is sometimes too much. All these things make me feel very comfortable as the spouse of a future officer. However, we are still marching forward to see where God takes us and how he will protect and provide for us as he always has. One of my favorite verses, which I know I've shared with many of you is Isaiah 30:21. "Whether you turn to the right or to the left, you will hear a voice BEHIND you saying, this IS the way, walk in it". So there are so many things that I love about this passage, but I truly love that it says that the voice is BEHIND us. God doesn't say he will write our path on the wall right in front of us, but he does say that as we listen to him and we talk those baby steps in the direction that we think we should be going, he will be behind us cheering us on and confirming that we are indeed going the right way or we are not. I love that. So.....this is where we are. Pray for us as we take baby steps forward, especially for Billy as he's the one doing the work! : )

4 comments:

  1. HELLO Again, so glad to have you back in the blogging world! We do stand behind you in prayer! Go BIllY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kept checking but no surprise blog from you until today!! I will pray for you and your family. I know this must be some road you are going down. I miss you! Looking forward to more blogs to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you are back! praying for Billy and your wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been a little behind on reading your blog & was catching up on it tonight...late tonight for some reason. It's almost midnight & I have no idea why I would still be up reading a blog! But I have to tell you that even though you posted this 4 months ago...reading that verse is exactly what I needed right at this very moment! Now I know why I'm up reading your blog! It has helped me make a decision that I was struggling with over the past couple days and now I know what I'm going to do.

    ReplyDelete