02 May 2009

Spring Break with the Prestons

After turning an 8.5 hour drive into an 11 hour drive we arrived in Austin ready to celebrate this one special week a year called Spring Break! This year Spring Break was a little more important even because Billy & Isaiah have to plan around this vacation from school.

In no particular order (because I cannot get my pictures to come in like I want them, and I'm too lazy to change them all around) here are some of the fun things we did.


Here we are at the Texas Rose State Fair in Austin. There were a lot of animals, food and of course a carnival. Billy bought the arm band so he got to do lots of rides with the kids. Some were a little out of his comfort zone....like the high in the sky maze that Alyssa wanted to do 15 times! Billy's knees were shaking way more than Alyssa's when they were 30 feet up.



Isaiah was a trooper riding all the kiddie rides that Alyssa could do. On one river boat ride he looked like he just might fall asleep it was so exciting, but Alyssa was steering and loving it.

I got to ride the ferris wheel with Isaiah because Billy had enjoyed all the heights he could stand in a day! He also had the ride of his life with Isaiah on the spinning Octopus and that might have done me in as well.

We went to Sea World one day and I won't even go into the stress we had getting there, but lets just say that we stopped for lunch right before we arrived and the Tahoe wouldn't start when we got back out (and oh yes, we had already purchased our day pass for Sea World on-line).


Here is Aunt Katy and the kids with the horses by the entry.


Isaiah waiting to feed the dolphins. We had a great time with the dolphins. We fed them little fishies and they got right in our faces and talked to us a bit. Aunt Katy got more of the pics with the dolphins actually in them. See her blog for those...



Okay, here we are back at the State Fair where the kids and Aunt Katy loved all of the animals. Katy thought it was quite nostalgic and even enjoyed walking through all the big stinky cows. : )


Uncle John couldn't seem to follow the sign's instructions. (see Katy's baby bump...uh hardly)

Here's our family enjoying the day.


There was a great petting zoo at the fair. The animals were starved and there were lots of them. Isaiah got jumped on by more than one goat and I ended up quite allergic by the time we were done.




Here is Isaiah with one of the ponies.








John is really excited about Isaiah's shooting ability. I think Isaiah is even surprised how good he was!!!

John and Billy got to sneak away for a few hours for some golf where John works. Billy had a great time, but thought he really needed to work on his game. : )
Thank you John and Katy for letting us crash your house for a few days. You were great hosts as usual and we had a blast.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like great fun and all the animals made me feel allergic! I bet you really were!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures remind me of the day our families spent at the zoo in Tulsa almost TWO years ago. We have to do it again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a great time! Thanks for coming! I still need to post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally got to catch up and look at the blogs while it is raining! Isaiah's looks have really changed even since Christmas. He is growning up and losing a tooth always does that too! Wish we could see you all!

    ReplyDelete