The same things always are said about my six year old son. He's so kind. He's so helpful. He's so sweet. He can look so pitiful when he's sad. He's such a great big brother. All of these are so true, but he is also becoming very funny in his own way.



Here are just a few things he did or said over the week-end that brought a big smile to my face.

1. We were eating sun dried tomato and mozzarella bread and dipping it into some olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I gave the kids a bowl of small bread pieces and their own dipping plate so they could snack on it while we finished up our "real food". When he had gobbled up his whole plate full Isaiah came to the kitchen and started eating out of Billy and I's saying, "I just can't stop eating this bread. It is so soft I can hardly stand it". (A foodie....like father like son.)
2. Last night I told Isaiah to go get his PJs on and he went straight to his room. He came back out with his boxers stuffed full of something. He did a little dance and said, " Hey mom, what has happened to me?" He finally revealed that his PJ shirt and pants were stuffed in his boxers and he laughed so hard he couldn't breathe. (Boy humor.)


3. Isaiah and Alyssa have slept on our bedroom floor the last two nights because their rooms are a mess while we are doing some painting. Yesterday, I woke up to Isaiah saying this to Alyssa. " Sweetie, you need to close your little eyes and sleep some more. Isaiah looked at the kitchen clock and it is too early. Mommy doesn't like to wake up at dark and daddy's back is hurting like an old man. Okay sweetie." (The things kids pick up on)

4. This morning we were searching everywhere for Isaiah's shoes, as usual. He came to me and said mom, you know where Alyssa made a mess in the bathroom with the bath markers? There is something there for you to look at. After we did find his shoes and he was running out the door, he looked back and said don't forget to look by your bathtub mom. I went to the bathtub and in the middle of the mess that his sister had made, there was a neatly written "I Love You" with bath marker. I'm not sure I have the heart to ever clean that up. (His sweet side.)

Isaiah is growing up and I'm trying to soak it up as much as I possibly can. I can see that he won't be my little boy much longer, but a full fledged elementary kid that wants to go places with dad and is embarrassed for mom to hug him good-bye in public.
How precious is that - he writes you a note in the midst of the mess. That is Isaiah like to be sweet and quiet about it - to do it in a subtle endearing way!
ReplyDeleteHis writing it SO sweet! He's always been the greatest little boy, and your stories about him make me miss him so much. Jake talks about him all the time still.
ReplyDeleteI want to cry and laugh! Ha! What a cutie pie! He IS sweet as punch and always thoughtful. I really like what he said to Alyssa when she woke up to early. Did she do what he said and close her eyes?? Oh so cute! I don't want him to grow up either.
ReplyDeleteThat "I Love You" is the sweetest thing EVER! Melted my heart like butter!
ReplyDelete