23 June 2009

Aaaah, Summer.

Hmmmmm..what has been going on since my last post? So many many things really.

We did take our first trip to Branson for the year. This was the first year that we have bought our own season passes and not just gone a single time or as the "free friends" of my sister's family. I think this is the first time I've been to Branson with just our little family of four too. We had a great time, although the rain began to come down as soon as we arrived on day 1. We donned our Silver Dollar City branded ponchos and hit the rides. Alyssa is free because she is only three, but she is actually tall enough to ride lots of rides as long as she's with an adult. She was a lot of fun because she would get on so excited, get a little scared half way through and then she'd start saying "LOVE IT!" over and over. I'm pretty sure she was trying to convince herself more than her mommy. She would say, "I loved it, but I think I'll ride something else from now on." Isaiah rode all sorts of rides and even wanted to do things that Billy and I would prefer not to do. We ate some great food (the skillet meals are the best for me, bbq for Billy) and we had lots of frozen lemonade at the kids request. I have some pictures I'll really try to post in the next few weeks.

Isaiah had church camp and he got to attend with some old friends and three of his cousins. He really enjoyed the week and I have yet to watch the video sent home to see what all they did. He is getting worse at dishing the details. I used to have no trouble prying out the news, whereas now I just get if his day was awesome, good, okay or not good.

I had to go to a sales meeting in California the same week Isaiah went to camp. The work part was as expected, but my friend Melissa and I stayed later so we could tour Napa Valley for a day. We drove to Napa with another colleague and checked into a great hotel (Embassy Suites Napa) where they have a cool outdoor courtyard complete with the tiniest baby ducks I've ever seen. We had a manager's receptions there with free drinks and snacks upon arrival and the next morning we ate breakfast there with the fountains and the birds making noise around us. Perfect place and perfect weather. Melissa and I toured about 7 vineyards, which were all great. Our favorites were the ones that served us snacks or had nice coasters for us to buy as our souvenirs! We actually ate a sandwich in the park and took a nap on a picnic blanket for about two hours! We were worn out, but that helped us make it through the windy road to Sacramento where we would spend the night at another Embassy before heading home the next day. If you are ever in Napa go to Gooscross, Black Stallion and Reynold's Family Vineyards.

When I got home I came down the airport escalator to see my handsome husband and FIVE children. They were all smiling and jumping and waving and I thought to myself, " more kids would be fun". Then......we went out to dinner. You might think this changed my mind, but surprisingly all the kids were fantastic and had great manners and they even cleaned their plates. I liked this as I did not want to waste my money on food no one would eat. They went to bed great, they got up and fixed their own breakfast. I thought I could just adopt the older girls to help take care of my little one. They really made life easier for the most part....except for the messes throughout the house when they were all gone and it was quiet again. Oh, and the extra kids were my nieces and nephews that went to cousin camp with Isaiah. I so loved getting to have them for a night.

Tomorrow we head to my in-laws house. We'll get the kids settled, go to the store to buy food and drinks that they'll like while we're away, and then we'll wake up early and grab a plane to Mexico! While the kids play at the grandparents and do things like swim in their pool, go fishing and head to the zoo, Billy and I will fly to Cancun and meet up with my sister Katy and her husband. I'm so tired I'm pretty sure I'll sleep on the plane and have plenty of naps on the beach. I'm so looking forward to some time to focus on Billy & I and to catch up with family. My sister is pregnant so I can't wait to see her belly and say hello to the little boy growing in there too! I feel very privileged that I will get to see Katy at 5 months, when I already saw her at 2 months. The rest of my family hasn't seen her yet with this baby bump. I'll take pictures and videos for you guys, but hopefully we'll all see each other in August and you can all rub on the prego belly for a bit. Oh, you know you want too! : )

We'll arrive back home on the 2nd and host a birthday party for Isaiah on the 4th. If you are coming....we cannot wait to see you. If not, I'll hope to catch up with you once the chaos is over. I'm thinking the 13th of July is good........Happy Summer!

2 comments:

  1. I sure hope you got enough naps while in Mexico!! heehee! I am pretty sure I talked you thru nap time! We had the BEST time ever there with you and it will be a VERY fond memory for both John and I!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I got at least two naps which was great! Not so much the one on the bus, but the one by the pool and ocean was a good one. : )

    ReplyDelete