So many mixed emotions for me as we wrapped up Isaiah's 1st grade year. His year in kindergarten was so easy and enjoyable and his 1st grade year was a bit more challenging.
*Isaiah learned that life throws you little surprises when his teacher quit after week 3 of school and he had a temp for another 2 weeks before they could find a replacement.
*Isaiah learned that sometimes those who you think are your friends can hurt you the most.
*Isaiah learned that you sometimes play alone on the playground as you re-establish your friendships, change friends and make new friends
*Isaiah learned that sometimes you feel insecure because of grades or sports. He also learned that if you want something bad enough you push yourself to work harder and it will pay off.
*Isaiah learned that you have to stay focused in your classes and listen to directions carefully or you might get your first B on your report card.
I learned a lot this year too. Some of it was so fun to watch and some of it broke my heart. This is the first year that I've had to confront parents about their children's behaviors at my house. It is also the first year that other's children hurt my son so badly that I had angry tears and then tears of great sadness.
Isaiah is growing up and each year will come with its own set of lessons and memories for both of us. I hope I'm up to the task....I guess I have no choice! : )
Here he is on his first day of 1st grade.

And the next two are his last day of 1st grade.
And now we have a 2nd grader. He's excited!
Okay! Who is being mean to our sweet Isaiah!?!? I feel sad and angry now too! He's the sweetest and has the kindest heart, no one should be mean to him. There sure are a lot of lessons you learn growning up and some are good and some are hurtful. I wish he didn't have to get any older! :(
ReplyDeleteSlipping through our fingers all the time!!! we try to capture every minute, the feelings in it... because time passes all to quickly.. he's grown up into a handsome 2nd grader!
ReplyDeleteSlipping through my fingers.....SO what I feel and I don't like it even though I know there are so many other phases I'm so going to enjoy!
ReplyDelete