29 August 2009

Thankfulness

Last night we were fortunate enough to keep my sister's kids overnight while Jeff and Amy went on a date. We try to trade nights watching kids here and there so there isn't all the extra cost of a babysitter when we are just in desperate need of some uninterrupted time with our spouse. I just love both ends of it...when I get to go on the date and when I get to keep my niece and nephew.

Well, last night after football practice, dinner and play time at Chick-fil-a, and a very loud and rowdy car ride home we got the kids ready for bed. They like to sleep on the floor all together sharing one big blanket pallet. I laid on Isaiah's bed and thought I'd ask them each what they were thankful for so we could have a really long prayer and try to settle down! Here is what I heard....

Kacey: I'm thankful that I live close to some of my cousins and that we can see each other often. Lots of people don't live close to their cousins and get to see them like we do.

Alyssa: I'm thankful for cousins and for candy and chocolate and marshmallows

Breck: I'm thankful that I asked to eat and play at Chick-fil-a and I actually got to. I'm thankful I got to watch Isaiah's football practice too.

Isaiah: I'm thankful that we have a house because some people don't have a house.

Breck: I'm thankful for a house too. I'm also thankful that we are safe here.

Alyssa: I'm thankful for our food in our house.

Kacey: I'm thankful for my family. I'm thankful for you Aunt Kristi because you are like my second mom. I told my mom that the other day.

Aunt Kristi: (choked up) I'm thankful that I get to be Isaiah and Alyssa's mom and that I get to be Breck and Kacey's aunt. I'm thankful that Uncle Josh is here with us and that Aunt Amy and Uncle Jeff live close by.

Then, as I prayed a few fell asleep...

Then, there was the story about the kids living in the land of Iggly Diggly Doo and the other kids went to sleep.

Sweet moments that I LOVE!

For those of you that don't live as close...we are so thankful for you too and wish you were near us so we could see you more often.

4 comments:

  1. That is so sweet Kristi!! Very special times you get to have with them and Josh too!! Those are the moments that take our breath away!! Love those kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious Post! made me teary... thanks for being a GREAT AUNT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow do I feel left out! Sure wished I was there to enjoy all of you kids and grandkids. Thanks for the fun blogg. See you soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you would have liked it dad! So very easy and fun to love these kids! : )

    ReplyDelete