Sigh! Where has the time gone? I haven't posted since late July and now here it is the last of August. Well, since our garden post we have eaten some great carrots, cucumbers, tomato and onion from our garden. Our squash and peppers have not produced anything yet, but we see blooms so we are anxiously waiting! Outside of the garden "chit chat" we have been super busy. Billy and I got to see Keith Urban and Sugarland in concert on August 7th and it was a blast and a half! We were 20 feet away from the front of his stage so we had a great view. We sang and danced and stood on our chairs and I tried to reach out and touch Keith when he was walking by our aisle in the middle of his song. Billy didn't even know where he's went and he was right there next to us. Crazy men! I swear I saw Keith in the hotel afterwards, but I couldn't imagine it to be true so I said nothing. Just stared. And stared. And stared. Ridiculous I know, but what are the chances really?!? Sure was a good look-alike though if it wasn't him. Oh, then we picked our sweet kids up from Crystal and Butch's house (Billy's cousins) and headed out on a very LONG drive to Pagosa Springs, Colorado. We grumpily arrived at 4:00 am and after our shock from the cold mountain air wore off we were able to sneak into the family's rental house and sleep it off until 10 or so. I'll post some pics about this trip as soon as I find the cable to my camera. Makes me so mad when I lose stuff like that. I'm sure that doesn't ever happen to you all.
Anyway, we had a good time celebrating Billy's & I's 12 year anniversary in the place where it all began. Billy asked my dad if he could marry me in Pagosa Springs just under 13 years ago. We both felt a bit nastalgic since we hadn't been back since then. We also had a family baby shower for my little sis and her husband. John and Katy are expecting a sweet baby boy Nov 4th. I cannot wait to meet yet another little nephew. My current nephews are all getting kind of big for me to hold them! Oh, Taylor I supposed you could still fit on my lap if you really want to! : )
Last, but not least, we celebrated my mom's 60th birthday. What a privilege is was to hear her speak about her life and all the many blessings she's had over the years. She gave a talk that expressed her true character, full of compassion, forgiveness and mercy. She knows her cup is overflowing and she is grateful. And we are grateful for you Mom. You have been a huge example of these character traists for all five of your children and we got to celebrate you for it this year in 1950's style. Dad and Billy were Elvis (Dad wins this costume contest for sure) and Katy, Amy, Elise, Kacey, Alyssa, Kalene and I were in our poodle skirts, Nina was Marilyn Monroe, Worley, Jeff, John, Isaiah and Breck were all bad boys from Grease and last but not least, Joshua wore Dad's letter sweater. He was one handsome college boy! (Can you believe they wore letter sweaters instead of letter jackets?)
Unfortunately, the partying had to come to an end and we had to get on with life. My family, along with Joshua, drove to Nina's new house in Texas and saw everyone's gorgeous handy work. I was glad to see it at the "move in" stage so we can see how Danina's talent pulls everything together to make it an extra special comfortable home. We'll get to see it again at Thanksgiving this year! We stopped at Billy's grandparents for lunch half way on day 2 and had a feast for a King. It was great to see everyone and catch up there too. We hadn't been down since Easter I think!
Once home, it was time for school and work again. Isaiah started 2nd grade this last Wednesday and he was OH SO TIRED! Poor boy needs the week-end badly to catch up. He says that he is not liking 2nd grade one bit. He's too tired, he's starved before lunch and they won't let him have snacks in 2nd grade, his teacher is too strict and his work is too boring. Please pray that this attitude is over by Monday or it is going to be one long long year of school for all of us at the Wright house!
I'll talk to you again soon.....with pictures to go with the above!
Gee Wiz..you've been busy.
ReplyDeleteI saw your CO pics on FB and your family knows how to PARTY! Looked like a blast!
Hope Isaiah has a good weekend and gets geared up for a new week. It's bound to get better!
I still haven't found my camera cord so I cannot upload pics here. I'm going to have to buy a replacement I guess. Frustrating. That cord and a book I was reading are both just gone!
ReplyDeleteWelll that is too bad you lost those! That can be so frustrating. It's like me, I can't find the book to my camera and it's annoying! You sure have been busy but what fun!!! ;)
ReplyDelete