13 June 2010

A Fun Saturday Afternoon Hike

While family was visiting we found a nice shady trail to ride our bikes and hike along right here in town.  Along the way we found some "Tarzan" vines to swing on.  The men and kids had a great time trying to hold on to the slippery things.

The boys rode their bikes the entire way while it was way too steep for Alyssa...so we pulled her bike along by the backpack strap on the front!  Can you see Breck's skinned knee above.  This happened very quickly as we began our hike and we had to wash it out in the creek.  He was super tough though.  I don't think I saw one tear!



This is the only picture I have to show I was on the hike. Alyssa took it for us and of course I have my eyes closed!  I had to wear a long sleeved shirt and leggings because I was so sunburned from a few days earlier.
We found this cool rock garden along the way, which the kids loved to climb around on.  Thanks for going on a hike with me and enjoying the outdoors!  I loved having you here to do it with me. 

2 comments:

  1. Looks fun - we'll have to try it out some day - when it's not 90 Plus degrees :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a lot of cool places close to your house!!! That's funny about your ONE picture! Go figure right!

    ReplyDelete