12 May 2008

Mothers Day!




Mom, Mother, Ma Ma, Mommy, Mum........No matter what your children call you it is such a blessing to be MOM!

Yesterday morning we were at my in-laws house and I'd not slept too well for various reasons. The sun started to creep through the curtain and I covered my head with a thick soft blanket while I grimaced at the thought of starting the new day. Then I heard it....."Mommy, need you. Morning time Mommy". How sweet was that voice? I rolled out of bed and picked up my little one whispering, just lay with mommy a minute while I wake up a bit. As soon as I hit the covers, another little one crawled right in throwing his leg on top of me and nuzzling up on my pillow. So there we were Daddy, Mommy, Isaiah and Alyssa all in one full size bed. Billy rolled over with a sigh, "Happy Mother's Day!", he said and we laughed. I laid there for a moment all smothered with my children and thanked God for my overflowing blessings. This was going to be good day!

To all the mom's out there. You are so amazing to keep up with all you do and so blessed to get to do it.

2 comments:

  1. You are officially on my blog roll!
    Hope you had a Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're on mine too, if that's ok. Now you'll have hundreds and hundreds of readers! Yea!

    I'm so glad you started a blog. It will help us all stay connected in our busy lives. Don't blog too much at work:)

    Love,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete