So I had mentioned that I really looked forward to my week-end at home and it was definitely all I had hoped for.
Friday night Isaiah helped me make spaghetti and we ate and then read books and played as a family before crashing for the night. I was so tired I couldn't even enjoy a good movie that night. Saturday morning I got up and the kids and I made breakfast and went outside for a few hours. They played on the slip n' slide while I sprayed round up on my weeds. Billy was fishing in a tournament, but was home by noon to pick up Isaiah and go help coach his t-ball game.
Alyssa and I took snacks and sat on a blanket behind home plate and cheered for Isaiah's sweet little team as they learned the game and sometimes made some great 5 year old plays. Isaiah hit a home run and followed in three of his teammates, which was very fun to watch. Those boys are not used to running more than a base at a time and really had to be coached to keep going!
That afternoon our entire family took a nap and then got up to jump on the trampoline and grill in the backyard.
Sunday Billy and Isaiah went to church and Alyssa and I went to the doctor. Alyssa had a fever and although we still don't know why we do have amoxicillin and she seems better today. We all deep cleaned the house for almost four hours before making a cake and jumping on the trampoline some more.
It was a week-end just like I needed. Restful and productive time at home with my husband and my kiddos.
No comments:
Post a Comment