Prior to that we got to attend our cousin's wedding, which was beautiful. Billy and Isaiah were both in the wedding and looked so handsome! Isaiah was all business and walked to the front very serious and confident looking. He stood up front with Billy and the other groomsman for over 30 minutes and although I thought he was doing great I guess his daddy was thinking otherwise and holding his arm to keep him still. :)
Alyssa wanted to be a busy body during the wedding, but once we gave her a peppermint she calmed right down. Her favorite party was the chocolate cake and the bubbles afterwards!
The ceremony was beautiful and the preacher said a lot of good things about marriage and what it was meant to be and how our selfish nature can distort the pureness and goodness of the marriage unity God intended. He spoke of how as a couple being married you think you won't love that person anymore than you do on your wedding day and how you'll look back in 10 years and be amazed by how much more you love them after life's experiences have joined you closer. I sat in the second pew thinking how true that is and what a lucky woman I am to have this amazing man in my life and two precious children to share life's experiences with. I couldn't ask for anything more.....except a few more week-ends at home to catch up!
Those pictures are wonderful, all three of them! Your Alyssa is growing up and so beautiful, just like her mama!
ReplyDelete