01 June 2008

I am Sad!



Today I woke up and laid in bed with my kids for a little while before starting the rat race of packing bags, eating breakfast, getting dressed and out the door by 8:45am. I drove to our church weaving through traffic to get there before the 9:30 service would begin. This drive to church is not abnormal, but today I would just park outside and leave my two beautiful children with my dear sister. I am at the office packing up my laptop and all my paperwork and will catch a plane to our corporate office. I have a sales conference that begins tomorrow morning early and goes through Wednesday night. Then, my husband will come join me and we will spend three days touring the wine country and visiting lots of places we've not been before. I'm very excited to spend this time with him and let him meet some of my co-workers Wednesday night. However, this means I will not see my kids for 7 nights and I will not experience the little joys of every day with them for an entire week. That is a long time to miss out on their laughter and hugs and kisses. I know they will be fine and God will watch over them while I'm gone. Today was the hardest part of the journey.

2 comments:

  1. Your kids are so beautiful! I know they miss you too. You'll talk to them every day, so you can look forward to that while you're in your boring sales meetings (are they boring? I've never been to one). Take lots of pictures of the wine country. I have always wanted to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your travel week is going well. How fun to get to spend a few days with your hubby exploring new places. Good luck with those sales meetings...eewww. ;-)

    ReplyDelete