We spent Turkey Day with Billy's family this year. Most of you probably know but we set a holiday rotation our first year of marriage for Thanksgiving and Christmas and it has made life A LOT easier!
This year we left Wednesday about 6:00 pm and made the 3 hour drive to Billy's parents house where we stayed until about noon today. It was nice to go and have only the responsibility of my children and myself for the most part, but we were still ready to get home to our own house today.
Thanksgiving day was actually spent at "the grandparents" house where we had our traditional turkey, ham, noodles, potatoes, stuffing and rolls. We bought pies from the Mennonite restaurant here so we finished off with Coconut Cream, Chocolate Cream and Bumblebee Pie. I was stuffed!
That morning I ask the family what they were thankful for...
Isaiah sheepishly said "My Family".
Alyssa yelled out "Chapstick"!
Billy said "Our family and that we are blessed to be healthy and have the things we need this year".
I said "My immediate family, my distant family, my friends, and God's provisions".
We all felt blessed...Alyssa is just a little more simple about it right now! : )
Hope you all had a great holiday.
Much love....
Glad you had a great holiday! I love what Alyssa is thankful for. :-) Thanks for being so excited for us...we are thrilled. It is weird to be pregnant after it NOT happening for so long. By the way, maybe after the madness that is December is over, we can get together for dinner or something, or lunch after church? Love you all!
ReplyDeleteOH! I just love hearing what people are thankful for! I am always thankful for chapstick too! Seriously, I always have some and am so upset if I don't! I am thankful for YOU! Love you!
ReplyDelete