When my family began discussing where to take all 18 of us for the holiday break I had it in my mind that I couldn't live without snowmobiling. I think I even told my mom that I'd have to leave early and take my family to the snow if we decided to have Christmas somewhere besides Colorado. Well, I was fortunate because the family agreed on Colorado without even knowing this ( I think!). If you have never ridden a snowmobile it is so much work and so much fun. That nervous feeling I get when I'm in two feet of powder and not sure if I'm going to be able to "lean" my weight up hill enough to get myself out of the situation without a bogged down sled is the best! Below is a portion of our group taking a break from our six or so hours of riding.

Here is Danina and I as bundled as we can be!

This is Isaiah! I have a funny story about him. Billy told me that I should not throw the kids from the machine into the snow and drive acting crazy. I was told this several times prior to the day of our adventure. When we get there Billy heads out with Isaiah while I stay to get Alyssa all bundled. By the time I got outside Isaiah says he is riding with me because his dad went so fast in the first 5
minutes he threw him off in the snow! Don't you know I loved that! : ) Then, I started riding with him and when I thought we might get stuck I'd yell, "stand up, stand up". We did get stuck once, but then headed back to the road. When we got there, Isaiah got off and said I was freaking him out so he was going to ride with Uncle Josh. I think he stayed with Uncle Josh and Grammy the rest of the time, but I thought it was so funny. Why would he think his Uncle Josh would be calm! I'd be scared to ride with Josh!
LOL!

Here is Alyssa and her very cold red face when we got back to the cabin. She had a great time, but her little toes and hands were frozen!

Here is what she looked like on the sled. This is Billy with her and
Danina and Elise behind them.

If you haven't tried it you really should! Make sure to rent from someone with land so you can ride free and avoid the caravan type ride though. That isn't nearly as fun as being free on the mountain!
I love all your photos... We could make a memory book a mile long I think!
ReplyDeleteI've never snowmobiled, but if I ever do I want to go with you! In Colorado, of course.
ReplyDeleteIts so good you all have Isaish to keep you both calm and grounded!! ha ha.....I have a picture of Joshua after he did a face plant off the snowmobile. We won't show Isaiah.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE SNOWMOBILING!!!! This was a great day!!! Beautiful playground God made for us too!!!
ReplyDelete