15 July 2009

Our 1st Garden

Well, it is just a little 10 x 10 area in the far corner of our backyard, but we've had a lot of fun picking out plants and trying our best to get a few edible pieces of produce. We had a good mix of carrots, onions, tomatoes, a variety of peppers, cucumbers, cilantro and mints.

Here's the gardening crew planting in the Spring.

And here are a few edibles from our early "harvest".



I was very impressed as I did very little to assist outside of asking for particular plants.
Next year I think our garden might have to double in size! The kids had a fantastic time throughout the entire process and I was very proud they didn't pick anything without permission! : )


4 comments:

  1. Delicious... would you bring me over some of those juicey tomatoes and delectable onions... my mouth is watering for some of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very funny Amy! Perhaps you'd rather a cucumber when they are ready! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cucumbers would be good!! Ha.. My zucchini plants did not survive our vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought that was pretty funny Amy's mouth watered over onions and tomatoes! At first I was like "since when!?!" That is fun to have a garden. Reminds me of growing up and going out to pick tomatoes from the tires for mom or picking corn. I love that memory!I like that it's a family project too that you can all take part in and be together doing it.

    ReplyDelete