The first time Billy and I went to Mexico was on our honey moon. It was a month before I turned 21. We'd never been out of the country and had not traveled on our own without family. I was in awe of this tropical place with gorgeous turquoise water and a resort where the service was always friendly, happy to help you and 5 star. We enjoyed seeing new places, playing in the water, eating like royalty and experiencing it together. Happy 12 years Billy.....in some ways this seems like a long time ago and others it seems like it just happened.
A Trip for Fun and Lasting Memories with Friends
The second time we were able to go to Mexico we chose to stay at the same place. We took some friends, John and Tammy, with us and although they had added another 1,000 rooms to the resort it was still the same. We still loved the service, the food, the location and had another very memorable trip. This trip we spent more time getting out and seeing some new things like Isla Mujeres and swimming with the dolphins (my favorite experience ever), getting henna tattoos in town, shopping in the "too authentic" part of Cancun (just the girls), getting our hair braided in a storage unit somewhere for $5 each, going dancing in town and at the resort. Here's to second chances John and Tam.......we are very happy for you.
A Trip for Relaxation and Relationships
This was our third trip to the same resort and this time we got the pleasure of going with my baby sister and her husband. Katy is pregnant and she did great keeping up with everyone. I came back so relaxed and completely remembered why family is so important and how much I adore my husband. Billy, John and Katy - Thank you for a fantastic trip full of many meaningful memories. May it be the second honeymoon we all needed before the next season of life.....
So, here is where we stayed....
Overlooking the Riviera Maya - Cancun
Billy & I's Ocean Front Room
During the day a housekeeper comes to clean your room, make your bed, open the blinds and sometimes leave treats like chocolate truffles or this towel art from Carlos.
In the evening they come back and turn down your bed, close the blinds and turn some soft music on in your room.

We were spoiled for a week and it was so very nice!
I'll come back with "people" pictures of the trip soon!
That sure was relaxing and fun!! I enjoyed every minute of it!! It's priceless memories that I will cherish forever. Thanks for being my friend! Love you!
ReplyDeletePure Luxury! Glad you were able to get some R and R!
ReplyDelete