16 July 2008

Great News .... for me at least...

Right now I am sitting down at a brand new folding table (like the ones they have at church potlucks) and hoping to get a few things done for work. I really could be working from home two days a week, but I haven't been set up to do so. I knew I had work to do tonight and the set up at the kitchen table just doesn't work as well for me, hence the folding table purchase. We are waiting on more insurance money to come in so I can replace my desk and my printer and my home computer. (For those of you that don't know, we had a house fire about 1 1/2 years ago...the rest of that story to come.) I would really rather buy some curtains and some pretty things to hang on my walls, but all in time....

So, the great news is that I paid to have cox internet at home about a month ago and I haven't been able to get it to work on my laptop from the office. Tonight I sat down and for some silly reason I plugged into the modem just in case and YES! It worked right away! So here I am for the first time ever BLOGGING AT HOME! Don't tell my employer or anyone who might know my employer please! Not that I'm too worried about "putting in my time" as I'm pretty sure I log a very solid 50+ hours per week and I'm probably being generous on the company's side of things when I say that.

Anyway, the internet working tonight is great news for several reasons.
1) I can blog at home
2) I can pay my bills and mange my banking at home
3) My cox payment is not going to waste
4) I can work from home at night and not drive all the way back to the office and get freaked out at the noises outside my office window. (Later finding it was just the cleaners next door! : ))
5) Right now my hubby is cleaning the bathtub and the toilet so I can have some peace and get my work done.

Ooops! Better get to work before he catches me here. Yes, dear, I do know that you read this sometimes, but maybe you'll miss this post.

2 comments:

  1. Hallelujah for internet at home. We didn't even have it until 2003. I'm glad yours is up and running. Now there's more time for blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss You!
    Hope you had a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete