
Finally, it feels like summer. With all of our traveling and extracurricular activities it has not felt like summer at all. Now that we've been home a couple week-ends in a row and we'll be home again this week-end it feels like it is finally here. The kids are staying up later. We are riding our bikes around the neighborhood every night. We've grilled in the backyard each week-end and watched the kids play on their slip n' slide and run in the sprinkler. We've been here to go to church and enjoy things like Kids Kamp and swimming lessons. I love summer, although I'd enjoy it a lot more in a non-humid climate!
Unfortunately we only have about 3 more weeks and our little boy will start first grade. He is excited, though he'll miss the friends he met last year. We'll miss his teacher too. She was fantastic. His sister might be lost without him for a few days, but I'm sure she'll get over it too! : )
Hope you are enjoying your last weeks of summer!
Greetings from wisconsin! we can't wait to come home and stay home! I agree that all the extra travels have been fun but I'm ready to stay put for awhile. Today we swam at a water park similar to that at Wolf Lodge in KC. The kids had a blast! tonight is family olympics - Go BIG RED! (that's Breck and I's team!)
ReplyDeleteCute kids!
ReplyDelete