22 October 2008

The second trip to the ER

Amy mentioned that Alyssa stayed the night at her house after her cousin Kacey's birthday party. Alyssa had a blast, but there was a small accident. Kacey was helping Alyssa up by holding her hands and pulling up on her arms when Alyssa cried and said her wrist hurt. Aunt Amy took great care of her and propped her arm on a pillow to rest, then she made a sling with a dish towel so that Alyssa could get up and walk around. She gave her Motrin. Nothing worked.

So, we went to the emergency room for the second time in Alyssa's short 2 1/2 years and after examining her and x-raying her wrist and elbow they sent her home assuming a sprang. Here is what she looked like that night (on Motrin)!



She got the stickers on her skirt from the hospital staff. When her Motrin wore off or when the sling wasn't just right, or when we tried to get her dressed or undressed...she was not happy like the pictures appear.

The next morning she was extra miserable after sleeping on her arm all night and while daddy was getting her ready for church she yanked her arm out of the shirt sleeve and "POP" her wrist went right back into place. Funny how we spent over two hours at the ER and then she got "fixed" at home.

4 comments:

  1. That sweet sweet girl! I am glad she's okay! Scott's baby book records him going to the ER for stitches etc on a monthly basis..no joke! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so happy that daddy came to the rescue to heal her physically and soothe Kacey's heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think she's pretty cute with the sling although I am sure it was not fun! I am glad that it got fixed by doctor daddy too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw you twice this weekend, and I still didn't know about this recent accident. I heard you say something to Alyssa about her wrist, but I didn't know what you were referring to. I guess I need to read your blog more!

    ReplyDelete