I hope you do a birthday "jig" today!
Look who's got her eye on her older cousin. 
Your boy cousins love you too!
Let me tell you a story... One night when Uncle Billy and Aunt Kristi lived in our little duplex on Lake Francis we had been invited to come for dinner at your Mom and Dad's house because Grammy was here for a visit. She was here in hopes to meet you when you came in to the world. At this time you were still living safely in your mommy's tummy. That night we had a great dinner and then we opened a gift from Grandma Bessie. It was to Aunt Kristi, who had just started working at Simmons. Because Simmons is about chickens Grandma Bessie sent me a gift that was full of Chicken bowls, figurines, candles, etc. We laughed and laughed thinking of all the chickens I would have to decorate with now. That night we all went home. I was sound asleep and suddenly my phone rang. I think it was Grammy that called me. She called to say that your mommy was going to go to the hospital because you were ready to come into this world and meet us! I hopped on Uncle Billy and said, "I'm getting a new niece!!!!". I got up and went to the hospital right away to see your mom and dad. We waited and waited for you. I went to work for a while, though I couldn't focus on anything but getting to meet you! I went back to the hospital over and over to meet you and finally you came. Your mommy was so tired from getting you here for us. I loved you the second I saw you and knew you would be a special little lady. I cannot believe that was 8 years ago now. It seems like yesterday. I'm so proud of you and I've loved every minute I've gotten to spend with you. We are so glad to have you!
Have a happy birthday sweet girl.
Thanks aunt Kristi for the sweet note. I love you too. Kacey
ReplyDeleteThat night will always be amongst my favorites. We laughed so hard I thought I might go into labor in that moment. So fun to share in these times with each other. Thanks for being a great aunt!
ReplyDeleteI remember you all telling me that chicken story!! Now you are surrounded by Frogs!!! You have really moved up in the animal world!! LOL! I really like Kacey's post! All these pictures of her really make you think about how time flies!!! She sure is quite the little lady!!!
ReplyDeleteChickens to Frogs....Love that Katy! Thanks for pointing that out. : )
ReplyDelete