I wish there was an amazing and interesting excuse for the fact that I am so bad at blogging. I'd like to say I have been donating a ton of my time at a charity or in the church nursery and it just hasn't left me time to blog for you. The truth is I've been trying my hardest to keep my head above water with all my jobs. I am striving to be an adored wife, an admired mother, an exceptional employee and a person who feels somewhat sane throughout my day. In the mean time things like blogging, cleaning my house, organizing the papers EVERYWHERE, keeping up with friends and family and exercising have been very hit and miss or ignored completely. Most of this I dont' regret too badly, but I do wish I had more time for friends and family. Therefore, I'm attempting to at least communicate here once again. Please know that you are missed and I think of many of you even daily.
So, because I like things to go in order I'm going to start catching up and sharing pics from a while back. Something like last summer. Hope you don't mind.....
Our family has been to Branson and Silver Dollar City more times than I can count, but August brought a new experience for us. For the first time ever the four of us visited Silver Dollar City by ourselves. Usually we go with my side of the family and it is quite the "event". There are strollers and lots of kids and many of us to juggle the needs of all. This time it was just Billy, the kids and I and we walked around with NO STROLLER and also no help!
We honestly had a great time even though it rained on us almost all day. We ended up buying rain ponchos for all four of us and kept on with our day riding the kiddie rides, watching little shows and eating BBQ and funnel cakes. Alyssa was finally big enough to ride some rides and we took advantage of it. Isaiah loves riding Fire in the Hole so we stood in the short line (thanks to the rain) and got to ride it twice. Both times Alyssa was quietly saying "Loooove it" like she was trying to convince herself! We also rode The American Plunge, which was a first for both kids. I thought Alyssa might be in tears at the bottom but she looked up at us with sparkling wild eyes while she laughed and laughed screaming "Let's go again!" Isaiah thought it was awesome and really wanted the picture they take there, but we couldn't even see he or Alyssa they were so smashed between Billy and I.
I miss Silver Dollar City. Feel free to invite us any time!
ReplyDeleteThe ponchos are very becoming on all of you! :)
FUN! I remember the last time we were there. Alyssa was having a heat stroke so I walked around in a shop with air conditioning her and I and WE ALL wore orange!!!! Alyssa was like 6 months!
ReplyDeleteGood Family Fun... when I read your title I thought it was our christmas trip to Branson so I was shocked to see shorts and sunshine :)
ReplyDelete