25 February 2010

A Trip to the White River and Beaver Lake

One of Billy & I's favorite places to go since we've lived here is the White River below Beaver Lake Dam.  Before we had kids we would load up in our truck with our little dog, stop at the fruit stand along the way for fresh peaches or plums and camp next the river for a week-end at a time.  Its beautiful and peaceful and yes, Billy gets to fish while I read.  We haven't been back very often since we had kids because it isn't somewhere you want to chase toddlers around for fear of the extra cold and deep river. 

This last year our youngest was finally big enough and we tried a couple day trips,
which turned out wonderful.
.  Here is a one day trip we made in August. 

Pretty sure we'll be doing more of this in 2010. 

1 comment:

  1. such pretty pictures,, the people and the scenery! I bet Isaiah thinks his hair is Too shorth though HA!

    ReplyDelete