25 September 2008

Feeling Doubtful?

Life is so interesting....for me at least. One day I'm feeling on top of the moon and the next day I'm insecure about everything from the shoes I'm wearing to the way I'm parenting my children. It seems wrong that one's mood can swing so dramatically..... but I have a feeling I'm not alone.

I read something today that was very much focused on family and parenting and although my heart broke for this little boy, I could relate to feeling not up to par. Feeling like I'm not as "cool" or "talented" as someone else.

I'm sharing my readings with you just in case you gain some insight from it as well...

"Long ago, even before God made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. His unchanging plan has always been to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ.” Ephesians 1:4-5

Ronny squirmed back and forth unable to peal his eyes from the black asphalt below him. He hated this part of PE class. He shifted his weight back and forth and listened; wishing and praying that he would hear his name called.

“Simon.” The boy next to him smiled and hustled over to his team. Ronny sighed. There were only a few kids left and he knew he would be the last one picked. He was right, as he found himself standing alone, again. Ronny, shoulders drooping, joined his team. Getting picked last stinks.

There are none picked last in the Kingdom of God. God does not choose us because we are the most athletic, the smartest, the strongest, or the most religious. We cannot do anything to earn the salvation God graciously and freely gives us. It has always been a part of God’s plan to adopt us into His family, so we cannot take the credit. There is no room for pride.

Our team captain is Jesus Christ. Through the sacrifice of Jesus, we are holy and blameless in God’s sight. We are set apart. Through Jesus we are a part of the body of Christ. We are on His team.

We are not picked last, but first. In fact, Jesus picked you long before any of us existed!

Isn't it great to know that God made us exactly how we are and he wouldn't change us for the world! There is absolutely no reason to feel insecure b/c God made me like these shoes, or he made me overly passionate about dealings with my kids. He made us this way! He chose for us to be who we are today.

Blessings on you today. I hope you go out in confidence and freedom to be you.

3 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing your readings... I just read the verse The mind of a sinful man is death but the mind controlled by the spirit is LIFE and PEACE Rom. 8:6.. such a good reminder that I can feel so inadequate when my mind is controlled by my flesh or emotions and not by God's word and the knowledge that He created me as I am and in his eyes I'm beautiful on the inside and out. AND YOU ARE TOO.. NO matter what your shoes look like :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like that verse. I need to memorize that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello ladies! Makes me sad for that poor little boy! I think I have always felt bad for the kids that are going to get picked last so I always picked them first. I feel like I am still doing that today! What a bad feeling. It's good to know that God created us just how he wants us to be and also that I am not alone in feeling my insecurities! I love you two to pieces!

    ReplyDelete