19 September 2008

Turning 32!


I woke up this morning to the sound of the alarm, thinking..."ugh, If I could just sleep in one day as long as I wanted...". Then, Billy rolls over shuts the alarm off, whispers "Happy Birthday. I don't think you've aged a bit", and jumps out of bed to start the kids day. Me? I smiled, rolled over and thought about going back to sleep. I was fortunate enough to take my time getting out of bed, but not fortunate enough to sleep any more. The discussions resonating through the monitor were amusing. I heard things like, "Daddy, I do have to go wee wee now. Right now", and "I like to dress this way. I don't look like a ragamuffin Dad. I don't like those pants". Soon Alyssa climbed into bed with a home-made card and lots of hugs and kisses for me. Isaiah soon followed with his home-made card and a shy grin saying Happy Birthday Momma. They ran out the door to take Isaiah to school and I still laid in my bed quite cozy and smiling, but thinking I should probably start moving and get to my computer to start my day. Billy had brought me my bed buddy heated perfectly for my neck and rubbed my shoulders for a little while before I reluctantly threw back the covers and donned my robe. I went straight to my home office, sat down and began making phone calls to pull in a multi million dollar order that I need to process by day's end. This would be the best birthday present yet! Billy brought me some eggs, toast and orange juice and said he was heading out to run some errands. I'd say he started my day on the right foot! : ) He finished it well too. He shooed me out of the house for a couple hours so he and the kids could "prepare". When I got home there were balloons and streamers everywhere (which the kids were extremely excited about), the house smelled of home-made lasagna, salad and garlic bread. The salad even had calamata olives, feta cheese and a Tuscan dressing! For dessert we had home-made Creme Brulee with a raspberry sauce, chocolate slivers and fresh raspberries. It was very fantastic. :) So much better than a mayonnaise cake (which is humorous for those of you that know I've gotten a chocolate mayonnaise cake every single year for 10 years! I got some great gifts and lots of love from the kids. Overall, I'm feeling good turning 32! Here's some pics of our night.


Yes, they did buy me some "bling" to wear during the party!
My adorable kids were so excited and proud that they helped!
Billy went way out of his way to help me have a great day!

I'm lucky to have him!


We actually ate little personal creme brulee's.

However, Billy has some "leftover" so he made a big one for my candles!



I loved my presents! Thank you to everyone!
This is the "after party" look. Alyssa had covered herself in stickers. Found a party hat. Ate enough raspberries to make a grown up sick and decided she wanted to practice "cutting". She's too fun!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a happy day to me! I'll take some of that creme brulee myself....my favorite...yum yum! Have a happy weekend!!
    Love, jka

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a day you had! Happy birthday again sweet friend. I wish I was there to celebrate with you.

    Your hubby did an awesome job with the birthday planning and celebrating. He's right-you don't look a day over 21 (me, either).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a sweet day this was! How you described each of the kids coming into your room made me really visualize it. I can hear Isaiah saying that with his sweet little shy grin! Two peas in a pod! Billy, will you cook that for me when I come!! :) You did a super job making Kristi's day special!! That is so cute the kids made homemade cards! Happy Birthday to you! I just love ya so much!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey mister little man, I think your a crazy little man but some one here misses seeing you often Mr. lil man. Your momma is kinda crazy too that's how you got so crazy mister. I mmiiiiisssssssss yyyoooouuuuu bbbuuuudddddyyy Uncle Josh is my name mister......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uncle Josh - Thanks for responding to Isaiah's wild comments on your blog. : ) He'll be thrilled to see them tonight.

    ReplyDelete