Sweep every corner, under every rug, behind every door. Take a scratch pad and get up the tough messes. Get on your hands and knees with that thick rag and a pail of sudsy water and scrub every square inch of the floor. Oh, and don't forget the trim. When your done with this task you only have to dust, clean the bathrooms, vacuum the rugs and carpets , do the windows.....oh and then the laundry maybe.
Right now as I sit and share with you I've only gotten the "hands and knees mopping" done and I'm asking myself a very serious question. Why oh why do I not hire someone to do this?!?
I've used professional cleaners before and my week-ends and evenings were so much more meaningful than what they sometimes are now. Should I make sure that the toilets are clean and the sinks aren't spotted with toothpaste or should I go on a bike ride with my kids or jump on the trampoline? Most of the time I choose the bike ride or the trampoline and my house shows it. So, today I'm playing Cinderella to the point I mopped my floors by hand. Can I just say that it was a work-out like I haven't had in a long time. My back, abs and arms will probably all hurt tomorrow. For those of you that I know do this on a regular basis.....good for you!
But.....tomorrow I'll wake up and get to be the Cinderella that has her hair done, her make-up on, her high heel shoes on and forget about what didn't get done today. It will still be here waiting on me....but at least I got my floors clean right? The evil step-mother would not like my attitude would she? : )
you're silly! That is true though!I like that you usually play with the kids instead. I am proud of you doing it on your hands and knees!!! what is a matter with you!!!
ReplyDeleteNothing is wrong with tooth paste in the sink, or dirty window seals, Life is short so play hard I say!! It will be different not having Mom here cleaning up the camper every day, doing the dishes and cooking for sure. Nina does a ton but Dad and I will have to step up!
ReplyDeleteSo...I cannot get my wood floors to not show water marks or look dull so I decided to hand mop them. They do look better, but I don't have the time or energy to do that regularly! I got the mopping, the vacuuming, the windows and some laundry done. That means I did play some. I'll blog about that later!
ReplyDeleteI'm impressed beyond words. Seriously, if you hire someone I'd fell much better about myself. I'm home all day and I don't think I've handmopped my floors in years.
ReplyDeletecindi-rella cindi-rella are you dressed in yella - oh cindi-rella cindi-rella have you got a fella? cindi-rella cindi-rella ...........what's the rest of that song-a? Okay just chalk me up for a good laugh... glad you scrubed your floors.. I just read a book that asks the questions... where do you see yourself in Cindrella's ball? So atleasat if you are scrubbing floors and playing cinderella when it's time for the ball you'll steal the show!
ReplyDelete